After dealing with 'Auto Parts Recyclers - Victoria' through the IAG ASR parts trail, I requested to attend their premises located in Keilor. Greg Daglis escorted me to and from the premises and gave me a full tour and clearly explained in detail the day to day operation. This process alone, to better understand how a key supplier handles my requests and the length they go to in order to satisfy my needs, was very important.......
APR was a major supplier to the business I was managing on behalf of RACV/NRMA Insurance and I was impressed by their professionalism and they way they wanted to work in collaboration with us to solve our supply issues and to work with my management team to ensure we meet our own KPIs......
Bill Winter I Director
Symphony3 Pty Ltd (Victoria)
Having worked closely with Chris Daglis of APR for a number of years now, I have come to expect a level of professionalism and understanding that is second to none! I am conscious that as a repairer in a competitive market in Sydney, I need to deliver a safe quality repair, customer service and a competitive cost on every job for my work providers. APR is helping us......
John Spiteri I Managing Director
Rigoli Smash Repairs Pty Ltd (Sydney NSW)
APR has delivered a consistent level of quality, service and price to our business. Their systems, processes and strategies are unparalleled. They take the time to understand our exact needs and deliver a solution every time. This approach ensures that......
Peter Bubeck I Director
Rugolo Motor Body Works (Melbourne)
APR delivers to our business access to key relationships with insurers, strategies to better manage our customer relationships through the Key Account Management approach, sales training, process re-engineering and senior management development tools to name a few......read more
Hugo Pellegrini I Managing Director Paradise Auto Parts (Adelaide)www.paradiseauto.com.au
Like all repairers, we serve many work providers with the direct support of a range of suppliers. APR stands apart in its willingness and ability to work collaboratively with all our other service providers to deliver a holistic solution. They understand and cater for the individual needs of our business and provide a logistics overlay not burdened by cost......read more
Eugene Mckeough I General Manager Woods Accident Repair Centres (Victoria) www.woods.com.au
"Ask yourself, how many of your processes or policies are set up to make life easier for you and how many make life easier for the customer? Change the ones that are about you!"
© Copyright 2010/12 APR
Created by Snapsite - More than just a website
The Logical Source Solution
What is Logical Source?
A Parts Procurement and Management platform that is purpose built to make parts management and trading efficient and seemless for any repairer.
What makes Logical Source unique?
The Logical Source business has been built to solve core problems for all parties not just one. The Member Repairer, Partner Supplier & Sponsoring Insurer. This allows the Repairer and Insurer to supply a superior service to their end Customer whlst simultaneously reducing costs.
Give it to me in bullet points?
- Allows Member Repairers and Partner OEM Suppliers to trade all makes of parts seamlessly
- Integrates with Estimating Systems to provide workflow efficiencies – no re-keying, no double entry
- Provides all parts categories including: New OEM, Re-useable OEM, New OEM Offshore or Imported parts in one system, one consolidated process and even one consolidated invoice for those that wish to have this capability
- A strong focus on administrative and shop floor automation
- Visibility of parts arrival status and traceability through barcoding
- Fully transactional end to end, including credit management
Logical Source is based on a carefully considered strategy. Repairers and Insurers repair more than one make of vehicle and rely on a service provided by a range of suppliers. The coordination of parts consumes considerable resources of the repairer and the supplier and can also lead to a less than consistent purchasing experience. LS provides its Partner Suppliers with a strong and independent platform for more consistent service delivery to collision repairers.
What does this do?
- Cuts down on friction throughout the supply chain and therefore eliminates costs to all participants
- Allows admin and operational staff to focus on value adding activities rather than on having to source and order parts
- Transforms and simplifies the transactional process for accounts
The LS strategy is built around unifying and improving the part buying and handling process for our Member repairers. With LS, repairers only need to produce their scope or estimate and the full package of parts are delivered on time every time.
LS has also invested significant resources into its seamless handling of the varied requirements that the Insurer puts onto our Member repairers. Some insurers promote the use of alternative parts in the repair mix. Some do not. Different insurers will allow an alternative part on vehicles for a 3 year old vehicle some do not. This is just a small sample of the variables in the mix that a supplier and repairer have to negotiate in order to meet the demands of the Insurer.
The LS system is built around a concept of a 'rules' based system. Each repairer member usually has multiple work providers or insurers. Each insurer usually has multiple insurance brands, which in turn have different rules around parts usage requirements. For example;
Insurer 1 Product Disclosure Rules
- Any vehicle that is '<3' years old must have only New OEM parts fitted when being repaired.
- Any vehicle that is '>3' years old can have alternative parts fitted, including reused, but no aftermarket parts.
Insurer 2 Product Disclosure Rules
- Any vehicle that is within warranty must have only New OEM parts fitted when being repaired.
- Warranty periods on different makes and models can vary from 3 years to 5 years
- Any vehicle that is out of warranty can have alternative parts fitted, including reused, but no aftermarket parts.
Insurer 3 Product Disclosure Rules
- Any vehicle that is '<1' year old must have only New OEM parts fitted when being repaired.
- Any vehicle that is '>1' year old can have alternative parts fitted in the repair process including reused and aftermarket.
These are only examples yet there are many more. The complexity of these relationships and their management from a parts procurement perspective is both costly and grossly inefficient. The rules based systems developed by LS enables all the rules set in every insurer’s PDS to be captured and loaded.
From this point on, all parts sourcing fits with Work Provider and Member repairer guidance every time with optimised efficiencies delivered.
- Requests for quote are not sent to Partner suppliers that have no need to quote allowing them to avoid wasting time on quoting that is not useful to anyone
- A consolidated and prioritised quote is provided to the Member repairer every time consistent with their own and their insurer tailored rules
- The full package of parts required for the repair of every vehicle are delivered as a symptom of a repairer producing and estimate and identifying the parts required for that repair
Another important aspect of the process is people. Our experience and knowledge acquired internationally has proven that trying to engineer people out of the process at all levels will provide a service that handles 80% of the solution required by the customer. This is simply not acceptable. The LS model ensures that highly skilled parts interpreters at Partner suppliers are able to add value by ensuring the right parts are supplied 100% of the time. This is a statistic no other systemized approach has ever been able to deliver.
- Multi site capability
- Deploy anywhere on a computer with a web browser and avoid extra software licensing costs (SAS)
- Real time dashboard for Partner Suppliers that shows all jobs statuses from, Request For Quote, Order and Ship Status. Also allows the Partner to instantly view vehicle images
- Fully searchable dashboard against registration, vin, claim number, make, model, year etc.
- The ability to add Supplementary items to any existing job which are also tracked and referenced back to the original request for quote
- The ability for Partner Suppliers to recommend additional items not identified by the in the original RFQ
- Allows variation on pricing by the supplier and requested by the Member repairer, prior to Order. These are fully transactional and real time
- Full credit process with image association/upload ability tagged to the particular job
- Visible job status transactions from RFQ, Order, Order Confirmation, Receiving, Invoicing, Credit and more – all on the Dashboard
- The ability to park and re-activate jobs as required
- The repairer can swap off any system recommended item at any time in the quote process
- Full text/video real time chat between supplier and repairer to enable detail communication between repairer and supplier as required
- The ability to see who is online Partner / Supplier ready to respond
- The ability to see who is quoting (This gives the repairer confidence his/her RFQ is being acted on)
- Fully automatic generation of all documentation and transactions including, invoicing, credits, credit notes, statement and Partner Supplier remittance
- Fully traceable barcode systems for receiving of parts and dispatch of credits
- Live status of received quantities in graphic form and % received on jobs viewable on the Member Dashboard
- Able to communicate and open bi-directional API’s in soap or any standard RPC as required
- Interface with accounting systems with full transactional reporting
- Real time reports on KPI’s such as quote turn around time that are fed back to the people doing the work, thereby directly affecting behavior
- Management reporting of any KPI at any site or company level
- Individual login security at all levels
This is just a short list of the system’s capabilities and features.The results are achieved through a mix of strategy, system integration, technology and people. Strong buy in by all parties who see a mutual benefit and a long-term sustainable business process in the LS approach. This is why we refer to our suppliers as key Partners and our repairers as Members. LS is not just a trading system but a mutually beneficial business partnering model.
- Process efficiencies less errors
- No re-keying of the same data
- Faster Turnaround of work (Key to key)
- Less staff time involved in parts sourcing
- Allows staff to focus on Value Add rather than phone pricing and expediting parts
- Full transaction trail of all parts
- Consistent transactions for all parts
- One invoice
- Dashboard shows parts that have arrived / waiting
- Advantages of being a buying group Member
*Important information for viewing these videos
- Members are smash repairers
- Partners are parts suppliers
- A request for quote (RFQ) directly loaded from the estimating system
- Partners chatting with the Member
- Partner quotes returned ready for order
- An order being completed by the Member
- The order view of the Partner
- A request for credit from the Member
- Uploading a credit image
- The Partner authorising the credit
- The credit documentation
- The Member Receiving Portal
- Barcode scanning the part on the shop floor
- Member Dashboard status change as invoices are created and receipts are sent to the estimating system
- The Member / Partner Dashboards, Live Streaming Reports
- Discusses the importance of live user feedback, key performance indicators and benchmarking